Your Winter Diet
In winter, when it’s freezing outside, it’s very tempting to tuck into stodgy comfort food.Then, when spring approaches, you start to panic at the thought of those skimpy summer clothes. But there’s a way to enjoy warming foods without putting on weight.
Try these tips:
Drink plenty of water, even when it’s cold t his helps suppress
your appetite and keeps your system working smoothly
- When making stock for soups and stews, pour it into a jug and stand it in the fridge overnight. This allows all the fat to rise to the surface and solidify. Scrape it off, and you have fat-free stock.
- Use tomato-based sauces for pasta, rather than cream-based ones. Make white sauce and mashed potatoes with low-fat or skim milk to cut down on the fat content.To cut down on carbs,
use sweet potatoes for your mash instead of the large white variety.
- Don’t add sugar to vegetables, rather oven-roast them to bring out their natural sweetness.
- Make chunky vegetable and bean soups, and eat them without bread. Vegetables and legumes keep you feeling full for longer, while bread boosts your blood sugar level and then drops it leaving you craving more food.
Drink Herbalife Thermojetics Beverage and shrink while you drink. It puts a spring in your step and is delicious hot or cold. Why not swop your cup of coffee for a low calorie alternative with
just one third the amount of caffeine. It comes in original, lemon, peach and raspberry flavors and is a treat any time of day.
Good news! To lose weight, you need to eat a lot of good food.
This is how to choose it:
- You need carbs to keep your “engine” going. The less processed the better. A slice of white bread and a slice of wholewheat bread provide more or less the same amount of energy but the wholewheat is more filling, tastier, has more fibre, vitamins & minerals.
- You need quality lean protein in your diet. Get this by eating, lean chicken or fish, low fat yoghurt, cottage cheese, beans and pulses like lentils and chickpeas.
- You need fat too but choose a healthy option like extra virgin olive oil.
myth: Going hungry is part of being on diet
Have a healthy day
For product information go to